Elder Kyle Jensen

Elder Kyle Jensen
I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am serving and sharing the Gospel in Las Vegas, Nevada until April 2015

Monday, June 17, 2013

Journal Entry June 4, 2013 This was the only Pleasant Page I could find in my Journal entries that I felt might be of value to others. It also hints at some of the challenges I am facing.


I received a prompting the other morning while praying that I should wash Elder Hearne’s dishes.  I was a little upset with him at the time and it was so hard for me to do it, but I decided to follow through and wash his dishes.  Later in the the day, when he noticed what I had done, he expressed gratitude and things began to change very quickly.  The rest of the day was incredible because our communication with each other improved and we also began to street contact and open up to others.  I realized that whenever I find myself upset with Elder Hearn, it is because I am only thinking about myself.  Washing Elder Hearne’s dishes was my way of washing his feet  It is incomprehensibly less significant than what Christ has done and would have done in my place, however, it was a big thing on my level, and it helped to purify and cleanse our relationship.  One thing that I have learned from my various interactions with the residents of North Las Vegas is that there are some significant barriers dividing the community.  I’m not just referring to the physical walls, gates, bars, and rocks, dividing each house from the next, but rather the social barriers that have proved to be more effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment