Elder Kyle Jensen

Elder Kyle Jensen
I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am serving and sharing the Gospel in Las Vegas, Nevada until April 2015

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Teaching Experience 12/31/13


On Christmas Eve we visited a man from Cuba that we had previously street contacted. As we went inside to offer a blessing on his home, he introduced us to his partner and informed us that he was gay. We decided to go ahead with the blessing, and we asked him "If Jesus were to walk into the room and He asked you what you would ask from Him, then what would you say?". His response was "I would ask him to accept me and my partner for who we are, as we are". My companion then graciously volunteered me to offer the blessing (later he explained: "you give the best prayers"). At first I wasn't compeletely sure what to do. However, as I went ahead and prayed, the Spirit guided my prayer. I asked that Alex and Max would be able to feel and recognize the Lord's love for them, and that if they would strive to come closer to God then that they would feel of His Spirit in their home. Despite my dissapproval of their philosophy and the sorrow that it brought me to see them so confused by worldly fallacies regarding homosexual relationships, I felt a genuine love towards them and I had a desire for the welfare of their souls. It was a neat experience for me because although it was extremely awkward and uncomfortable, it helped me to learn to have a greater love for the people around me (as well as people in general). I truly felt the Spirit of Christ this Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment