Elder Kyle Jensen

Elder Kyle Jensen
I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am serving and sharing the Gospel in Las Vegas, Nevada until April 2015

Tuesday, April 30, 2013


I received your pictures.  They were very precious.  Dad’s was especially impressive.  I might have it framed when I return.  One thing that I want to share with Emily and perhaps other students in our ward would be: VALUE SEMINARY! I was a pretty good seminary student when I was in High School, however, there is so much more that I could have gotten out of the experience if I had not been so ignorant and arrogant.  Seminary is the most important class in High School.  It should not be a lesser priority.  I wish that I had seen this my first year and that I had truly studied all 4 sections of the scriptures with diligence.  With the material I’ve learned from Seminary, accompanied by my religion classes at BYU-Idaho, I’ve become the scriptorian in my district.  The sad thing is that I really do’t know the scriptures as well as a missionary should (or any member of the church).  I invite all of you to read the scriptures and study them. I especially encourage you to study the Old and New Testaments.  I have realized that even among fellow missionaries there is a lack of basic understanding of the Old and New Testaments.
I’m grateful that all of you have been praying for me.
Funny Story-One of the sisters in my district prayed that she would have more endorphins in her body do that she could stay awake in class( or some other hormone that regulates the sleep/wake cycle-I can’t remember the endocrine system very well anymore)  Anyways, the next morning our building was under construction so we were moved to a different classroom on the 5th floor of the farthest building on campus.  There have been days when we have climbed up all those stairs 30+ times.  
Moral of the STORY:  Prayers can be dangerous.  
(If your going to pray for me, be careful what you say)
You are all welcome to send me questions if I have not covered everything of interest to you.  Also, I am open to scriptural/doctrinal questions as well.  They could help me prepare to teach others.

Kyle Jensen








No comments:

Post a Comment