Elder Kyle Jensen

Elder Kyle Jensen
I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am serving and sharing the Gospel in Las Vegas, Nevada until April 2015

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Journal Entry May 12, 2013-Here is a journal entry that describes Jamari-Our investigator. (we have 2 progressing investigators, but Melissa isn’t progressing very fast.

Today was Mother’s Day-I realized that it can be a huge distraction from the work when you Skype your family. I taught a lesson to our investigator Jamari-afterwards, and it was hard to focus on the work at hand. We committed him to baptism, and I knew that he was ready for it. He should have joined the church long ago-its just that nobody ever asked him. Some of the members in the ward even thought that he was a member. The Deacon’s quorum president even asked him to be his 2nd counselor at the same time he invited him to be baptized. He went as far as saying, “I hope you will become the next deacons quorum president.” Jamari already knows the lessons and he probably reads The Book of Mormon more than most members. Jamari will become a wonderful and faithful member of the church. He will set an example for his family and for many others. When the Lord says that the field is white and ready to harvest, he means it. Jamari was about as ready as they come. It wasn’t hard to picture him in the baptismal font dressed in white. His countenance is pure and his heart is strong.

Last week my companion crashed into a stop sign while riding on his bike. Since then I have thought of that image every time I see that stop sign (which is multiple times a day). Tonight I made the mistake of mentioning it to Elder Hearne-to mock him a little-and immediately afterwards I slipped off the sidewalk and lost my balance on my own bike-resulting in a somewhat humbling experience. I suppose you might call this Karma-but I suspect that it was the Lord giving me a reminder of my role as a missionary. After all, I did pray to be humbled last night.

~Kyle Jensen~

No comments:

Post a Comment