Elder Kyle Jensen

Elder Kyle Jensen
I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am serving and sharing the Gospel in Las Vegas, Nevada until April 2015

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Journal Entry 7/1/13


Out of the Furnace: Blessings come from enduring trials.
This evening we experienced divine intervention in the form of Sister Stevens spending an hour discussing missionary work with us.  She began brainstorming solutions to our lack of success and productivity. I realized that it was not enough for me to receive guidance, but that both of us needed to receive the same revelation. As we headed back, I discovered a thumb tack in my front tire.   Out of my flawed logic, I of course resolved to remove the thumb tack (Elder H of course would have told me to leave it in).  Within seconds my bike tire was almost entirely deflated and we realized that we would have to walk to the nearest member’s home and ask them for a ride back to our own home.  On the way home, the member explained to us his conversion story.  The story served as an inspiring reminder of my purpose as a missionary.   Once we returned home, Elder H helped me to repair my bike tire.  As I finished working on repairing my tire, Elder H prayed for guidance from the Lord.  As I walked into the other room to join him, I immediately was touched by the presence of the Holy Ghost.   The presence of the spirit was strong and it guided us to seek revelations from the Lord as a companionship.  As we pondered and prayed, we reached a point of silence where each of us began to be taught by the Holy Ghost.  After a time Elder H told me of the answer he had received.   Essentially it was the same exact revelation that I had received in the past as well as again this evening.  If we had completed and implemented our companionship constitution (and it had been successful) then it would have accomplished what we discussed this evening.  However, what I realized was that my insights were meaningless until Elder Hearn could receive the same revelation for himself.   Together we can help each other overcome these challenges and we can become the missionaries that the Lord needs (as well as the missionaries that this poor struggling ward needs).  I am the one with the flat tire, but it is hindering both of us, and it is delaying the Lord’s work.  I need Elder H’s help to repair this tire so that we get moving again.  Neither of us can overcome these challenges alone, but together, we can be representatives of Jesus Christ.  The famine is about to end.  Our prayers are being answered.  There is truly no greater happiness than that which follows the recognition of an answered prayer and a fulfilled blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment