Elder Kyle Jensen

Elder Kyle Jensen
I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am serving and sharing the Gospel in Las Vegas, Nevada until April 2015

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Testimony of Preach My Gospel


 7/15/13
Something that I’be wanted to mention for a while is that I think the family would benefit fro reading/studying the Preach My Gospel lessons.  I especially think that this would be beneficial because of Tyler’s upcoming baptism, as well as the family’s involvement in the missionary lessons.  Also, I believe that the missionaries will continue to use you in lessons because they have become familiar with you and witnessed your testimonies.  Not only will reading Preach My Gospel help you to be Missionary minded, but it will bring many other blessings.  The Lord will bless you with missionary opportunities if you are prepared for them.  I believe that there was a general authority who stated that Preach my Gospel was the most divine and inspired thing to be released by the Church since the Doctrine and Covenants.  Anyways, I just wanted to share that.

7/18/13
This is the guidance that I received as I reflected on some troubling experiences.  It is directed towards myself, however, it is possible that others might benefit from it.

If you want to have “Preach My Gospel” Missionary experiences, than you need to become a “Preach My Gospel” Missionary.  Learn obedience and humility.  Be obedient to the counsel of your inspired leaders-but obey for the right reasons.  Do what you are asked because you want to, because you have a testimony of it.  Don’t do it for any other reason.  If you don’t have a testimony of it or cannot understand the reason for it, do it until you do.  Pray for understanding, pray for a testimony.  Trust in the Lord, and prepare to receive answers and they will come-they will be made visible.  Know that the answers are simple-don’t expect anything greater than what you have already received in the past.  Chances are, the Lord will continue to answer your prayers in the same manner that he has in the past-not as he answers other’s prayers. 
~Elder Jensen~


No comments:

Post a Comment